Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Award (DEI Award)
Objective: The EMGNC Excellence in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award recognizes an EMG
coordinator who has contributed significantly and over a sustained period to advancing diversity in EMG
leadership, volunteers, and clientele.
Criteria for the narrative (40 points total, 10 per criteria):
- Identifies need for increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the EMG program.
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment with dedicated resources and measurable outcomes to
increase diversity within the program and the greater community.
- Models innovative and progressive practices that support programmatic equity.
- Maintains and advocates for policies/practices that support diversity at local, state, and national
Link to online award application: https://purdue.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9p2TAbzMtr3ZWYZ
Natalie R. Bumgarner, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Residential and Consumer Horticulture
Tennessee Extension Master Gardener Coordinator
Plant Sciences Department
112 Plant Biotech Building, 2505 EJ Chapman Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996
(865) 974-7308 Office / (304) 615-9243 Mobile
email@example.com | ag.tennessee.edu | UThort.com