The Extension Master Gardener National Committee (EMGNC) will:
- Facilitate national cooperation among states for the sharing of program management strategies for EMG volunteers.
- Facilitate national communications and collaborations to avoid redundancy in development of electronic materials and training.
- Promote national communication and distribution of research-based horticultural information between Extension Master Gardeners and the public via tools provided by eXtension such as the EMG national blog, Ask an Expert and other social media outlets.
- Facilitate regional or national web-based courses to enhance EMG volunteer continued education and retention.
- Promote sharing of EMG state project implementation and successes through vehicles such as the International Search for Excellence awards.
- Provide a network to mobilize EMGs as front line information providers on critical or emergency national horticultural issues.
- Enhance national recognition and support for the Extension Master Gardener program by utilizing a national logo and encouraging communications through a national website.
- Collaborate with eXtension and will encourage applications for eXtension grants.
- Coordinate the annual national conference for Consumer Horticulture Specialists and Extension Master Gardener State Coordinators.