Join Us for the 2020 Extension Master Gardener Coordinator’s Conference! This conference is completely focused on equipping and supporting EMG coordinators to achieve excellence in Extension programming and volunteer engagement. We plan to give you information, resources, and content that you can immediately take home and put to use.
All state and local EMG Coordinators are welcome to attend
- We highly value both the new and the experienced voices of our EMG coordinator community, so join us!
This is a conference completely focused on equipping and supporting EMG coordinators to achieve excellence in Extension programming and volunteer engagement. We plan to give you information, resources, and content that you can immediately take home and put to use.
- We’ll be focusing on several key areas of the EMG program:
- awareness and communication;
- professional development including on-boarding, inclusion, and core skills for coordinators
- impact assessment and reporting.
- There will be general sessions, but also time for attendees to share their expertise and programming in both presentations and posters.
- Plus, there will be time and opportunity to connect and network with colleagues!
Monday, Sept. 14th through Thursday, Sept. 17th, 2020
- We will begin in the late afternoon on Monday and our traditional conference will run all day on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday, we are planning post-conference activities to connect with some local horticulture and ecology (we’ll probably go find some mountains).
Main conference venue:
Hyatt Hotel (https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/tennessee/hyatt-place-knoxville-downtown/tyszd) are both located in downtown Knoxville to provide an easily walkable event with close access to the food and coffee that fuel our Extension productivity.
How? We have a timeline of events to keep everyone up to date and engaged:
– In January of 2020, we’ll be able to share our schedule along with hotel reservation information
– In February, there will be a call for presentations and posters
– Registration will open in March of 2020
– Throughout the summer, we’ll promote sessions and conference plans
o Additional events