Back to: International Master Gardener Committee
The name of this committee is the International Master Gardener Committee, hereafter, referred to as IMGC.
1. The primary purpose of IMGC is to establish and manage the process for selecting a host site for an international conference for Master Gardeners and Master Gardener coordinators. The conference will be held in odd numbered years. (Regions are encouraged to sponsor a regional conference in even numbered years.) The IMG Conference will normally include seminars, tours, committee meetings, Search for Excellence presentations, regional meetings, and provide a means to exchange ideas and concerns.
- a. IMGC will solicit proposals from the various states and providences that sponsor a Master Gardener program.
- b. IMGC will review the proposals and make the final decision on who will host future IMG conferences.
- c. The next Conference Host Committee will be introduced and is expected to make a presentation at the closing session of the proceeding conference.
- d. IMGC will provide seed money to the host committee and will assist as needed or requested by the Conference Host Committee.
2. IMGC may elected to address items that benefit/promote the Master Gardener program if approved by a majority of the committee membership and with the consent of state and providence Master Gardener coordinators.
1. Each region will have two Master Gardeners and two Extension staff (or equivalent persons) serve as representatives on the committee. A total of twenty (20) Regional Representatives (5 Regions, 4 per Region) will comprise the membership of IMGC.
2. The regions are defines as follows:
Southeast: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands
Northeast: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia.
Central: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.
Western: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, and Northern Marianas.
Canadian: Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and Yukon.
3. Regional Representatives will be elected at the IMG conference to serve a four (4) year term. The representatives for the Southeast Region, Central Region, and Canadian Region will be elected at the same conference. The Regional Representatives for the Northeast Region and Western Region will be elected at the following conference. Membership terms begin thirty days following the IMG conference.
4. Regional Representatives may not be elected for more than two consecutive 4-year terms.
5. The Chair of the past and the next conference will be non-voting members of IMGC.
6. Regional Representative positions that become vacant can be appointed for the duration of the elected term. The Chair should consult the representatives from the region for suggestions and then submit a name for IMGC approval.
1. IMGC will elect officers from its membership. The election should be held within thirty days following an IMG Conference.
2. Officers are elected to serve a two (2) year term. A member can not serve more than two consecutive terms in the same position.
3. The officer positions shall consist of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer. The officers shall constitute the Executive Board of IMGC.
- a. The Chair shall schedule and preside over IMGC meetings, and undertake actions to ensure the success of IMGC. The Chair will be the primary contact for conference proposals. The chair will contact state and providence Master Gardener coordinators to solicit possible conference sites.
- b. The Vice-chair will assist the Chair and will preside over meetings in the absence of the Chair.
- c. The Secretary will prepare and distribute minutes of IMGC meetings.
- d. The Treasurer will receive and distribute IMGC funds. The Treasurer is authorized to make payment for bills up to $100.00 without approval of the Executive Board.
1. Nominating Subcommittee: This subcommittee is charged with soliciting nominations for regional representatives to fill expiring positions. This committee will prepare the ballot and conduct the election at the International conference. All Master Gardener nominees must be currently active in their local Master Gardener program (written documentation from their Master Gardener Coordinator should be provided).
2. Archives Subcommittee: This subcommittee will maintain the historical records of IMGC.
3. Search for Excellence Subcommittee: This subcommittee will seek out examples of outstanding Master Gardener programs for presentations at the IMG conference.
4. Web Page Subcommittee: This subcommittee will develop and maintain an IMGC web site that will include: our operating procedure, current membership, conference proposal forms and other items deemed appropriate by IMGC.
5. IMGC may create additional subcommittees to assist IMGC in fulfilling its duties.
1. Any organization(s) conducting a Master Gardener program may submit a proposal to host an IMG Conference. Multiple organizations from a Region can submit proposals. Each will stand on its own merits in the selection process. Conference proposals after 2007 will be totally electronic. The proposal should be designed as a website, powerpoint presentation or electronic document that can be easily viewed by the members of the IMGC. No hard copy information will be received.
2. Proposals should be submitted 48 months before January 1 of each conference year per the Table below.
|Conference Year||Submission Deadline|
|2019||January 1, 2015|
|2021||January 1, 2017|
|2023||January 1, 2019|
|2025||January 1, 2021|
|Future years||48 months before Jan. 1 of a conference year|
3. Regional Rotation for Conference Hosts IMGC has established a regional rotation priority system for hosting an IMG Conference. Preference will be given to the region assigned the highest priority if proposals come from multiple regions. The Region, which hosted the last IMG Conference, will have the lowest priority. The regional rotation plan will be modified based on the most recent site selected to host a conference. The current regional rotation preference is as follows:
2017 Northwest Region
2019 Northeast Region
2021 Southeast Region
2023 Canadian Region
2013 Central Region
4. Each IMG Conference committee is expected to provide IMGC with $6,000.00. A check should be forwarded to the IMGC Treasurer within two (2) months after the conference. IMGC will provide $5,000.00 to the upcoming conference committee as seed money. The remaining $1,000.00 will be used by IMGC for operating expenses.
1. The rules established by IMGC can be modified by a majority vote of the membership provided 30-day notice is given for any proposed changes.
IMGC Current Membership
IMGC Conference Proposal Form
IMG Proposal Form
History of Past Conferences
History of Past Conferences